Sunday, November 21, 2010

Volkscycle - The first solo build






I picked up this Volkscycle at the Missoula Festival of Cycles.  I took it all apart, sanded the frame and painted it.  Pretty poor paint job.  My philosophy on paint jobs has changed a lot since then.  I don't care so much what paint looks like anymore, sometimes the worse looking, the better.  I don't want a bike to look too good because thieves will think it's worth stealing.  Also, what you see there attached to the wall is a homemade PVC bike stand built by my friend Brandon, at my wife Kate's request for my birthday gift.  Awesome, thoughtful gift and served me well until I was given a wall mounted Park Tool bike clamp/stand which I use currently.  If I ever get a big enough shop, or start my own non-profit community bike shop, the homemade PVC stand will go up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment